Ascent is a free download and is fully functional except for the following:
For unlimited import of .tcx/.hst files, and to store and view more than 10 activities, you will need to purchase a registration key. This can be done from within the program, or by visiting Kagi.
- only 10 activities can be loaded
- import of Garmin Training Center export files (.tcx/.hst) is disabled
If you don't have a Garmin GPS available, you can check out Ascent using an example activity document located in the "Extras" folder of the installer dmg file.
For up to date Release Notes, please click here.
- PowerPC or Intel-based Macintosh
- Display with resolution of 1024x768 or greater
- Mac OS X v.10.5 (Leopard) or later
- (for optional GPS syncing) Garmin USB GPS device (see compatibility list)
- (for optional GPS syncing) USB port
An Internet connection (DSL or cable recommended) is required for downloading maps.